CapitaLegal offers a full range of services associated with raising capital, financing and establishing investment structures to businesses, fund managers, financial service intermediaries and corporate advisors, including:
- Structuring and Establishment: CapitaLegal can assist you in determining an appropriate structure for the investment vehicle and the means by which the capital raised will be contributed to your business. We will also put in place the relevant business entities required to implement the agreed structure.
- Capital Raising: Whether you are proposing to list on a publicly traded exchange (eg, ASX) via an initial public offering, raising seed capital for a new and growing enterprise or funding a new asset or investment, CapitaLegal can advise on the legal implications of your capital raising from the planning phase through due diligence to offering and financial close of the transaction.
- Offer Documentation: It is important to develop meaningful offer documentation in order to give potential investors the full flavour of the investment being offered. Where the investment is being offered publicly, the laws and regulations require the inclusion of specific information, often presented in a particular format. We will work with you to put together professionally presented offering documentation which properly describes the investment on offer, complies with all aspects of the law and protects your interests.
- Investment Funds and Licensing: Many investment vehicles are structured as managed investment schemes or debenture trusts. These areas of financial services law are highly regulated and require significant experience to navigate their complexities. At CapitaLegal, we have many years of experience in establishing fund structures and putting in place the requisite systems and procedures needed to secure and maintain an Australian Financial Services Licence.
- Legal Due Diligence: We will investigate and evaluate the key legal rights, obligations and risks of the business to gain an overall picture of the legal health of the business and identify any areas of concern.
- Syndication: We will help you establish an appropriate base structure for investors to enter, as well as working with your potential investors to raise the capital you require in a form which suits both you and your investors.
- Negotiation and Documentation: CapitaLegal can advise you about negotiating appropriate terms and conditions for your capital raising or investment, and will draft and review all the documentation required to properly implement your activities.